Sunday, February 27, 2011

Things are looking up...


Well, things are better this week. Solved one of my three problems with Skyping: the DVI connection to the projector. Next I must decide on upgrading the operating system so I can use the latest Skype features, or going with a legacy version. Maybe buy the Mac I plan on for the library sooner.

Things are also progressing on the Social Networking aspects of the Intergenerational Digital Storytelling Project. I have set up a blog for it and updated it again today. Will add more information tomorrow.

Along with that I have created a new gmail account for the team members to share. Wish I had done that prior to setting up the blog. Oh well. Still have not been able to set up a Facebook account separate from my own. I thought the new gmail would fix that.

Spent some wonderful "quality time" with Todd. He is a wealth of info and ideas. I always leave his office full of hope and excitement. He helped with some basic problems with blogs, wikis, Facebook and more. The going is far less muddy now.

For the class, I also worked by my wiki, adding more resources than I had in previous years.

It has been a busy and exciting week at Yavapai-Apache... first the Pageant last Saturday where this years royalty was chosen. And yesterday was the Exodus Commoration, where the tribe celebrates the return home from 25 years of incarceration at San Carlos at the turn of the century. At the end of the day we raffled off a bronze sculpture to help fund a nine-foot monument at our Cultural Resource Center (where I work).

No comments:

Post a Comment